Toussaint, Trumbo set to play in Arizona League game Wednesday
The team announced Tuesday on Twitter that first-round pick Touki Toussaint will make his pro debut with the Arizona League D-backs at Salt River Fields at 7 p.m., while outfielder Mark Trumbo will also join on a rehab stint in the rookie league. Both parking and admission is free.
Both Arizona League #Dbacks games start at 7PM. Parking and admission is free. (3/3)— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) July 2, 2014
Trumbo is working his way back from a stress fracture in his left foot that occurred in late April.
The team made Toussaint the No. 16 overall pick in the 2014 Major League First-Year Player Draft out of Coral Springs Christian Academy in Coral Springs, Florida.
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.