D-backs' Trevor Cahill shines in latest Triple-A start
Until Wednesday, that is.
Cahill pitched six scoreless innings and allowed just two hits and three walks in the Reno Aces' 7-0 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers.
The 26-year-old retired the first 10 hitters he faced, a streak that ended when he walked Tacoma's Corey Hart with one out in the fourth inning. Stefen Romero got the first hit off Cahill -- a one-out single in the fifth. Abraham Almonte led off the sixth with a single.
In his last two starts, Cahill has allowed nine hits and two earned runs over 11.2 innings of work. He has struck out 11 and walked five.
He now owns a 1-1 record and a 3.32 ERA in four starts for the Aces.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.