D-backs' Trevor Cahill shines in latest Triple-A start
Until Wednesday, that is.
Cahill pitched six scoreless innings and allowed just two hits and three walks in the Reno Aces' 7-0 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers.
The 26-year-old retired the first 10 hitters he faced, a streak that ended when he walked Tacoma's Corey Hart with one out in the fourth inning. Stefen Romero got the first hit off Cahill -- a one-out single in the fifth. Abraham Almonte led off the sixth with a single.
In his last two starts, Cahill has allowed nine hits and two earned runs over 11.2 innings of work. He has struck out 11 and walked five.
He now owns a 1-1 record and a 3.32 ERA in four starts for the Aces.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.