Reno Aces' Mike Jacobs, Derek Eitel named to PCL All-Star team
The 33-year-old Jacobs is hitting .304 with 12 home runs and 61 RBI through 83 games for the Aces this season. He was one of 13 players elected by a combination of field managers, general managers, media members and online fan voting.
The California native is no stranger to awards. He was also honored by the Arizona Diamondbacks when he was named the organization's Player of the Month for May, hitting .345 with 14 doubles and seven home runs.
Eitel was named to his first All-Star squad by the Pacific Coast League office after posting a 5-1 record and 2.70 ERA in 46.2 innings, while leading PCL relievers with 60 strikeouts.
Jacobs, Eitel and the rest of the PCL All-Stars will take on the International League All-Stars on Wednesday, July 16 at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in North Carolina. The game will be broadcast on MLB Network beginning at 4 p.m.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.