Reno Aces' Mike Jacobs, Derek Eitel named to PCL All-Star team
The 33-year-old Jacobs is hitting .304 with 12 home runs and 61 RBI through 83 games for the Aces this season. He was one of 13 players elected by a combination of field managers, general managers, media members and online fan voting.
The California native is no stranger to awards. He was also honored by the Arizona Diamondbacks when he was named the organization's Player of the Month for May, hitting .345 with 14 doubles and seven home runs.
Eitel was named to his first All-Star squad by the Pacific Coast League office after posting a 5-1 record and 2.70 ERA in 46.2 innings, while leading PCL relievers with 60 strikeouts.
Jacobs, Eitel and the rest of the PCL All-Stars will take on the International League All-Stars on Wednesday, July 16 at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in North Carolina. The game will be broadcast on MLB Network beginning at 4 p.m.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.