Reno Aces' Mike Jacobs, Derek Eitel named to PCL All-Star team
The 33-year-old Jacobs is hitting .304 with 12 home runs and 61 RBI through 83 games for the Aces this season. He was one of 13 players elected by a combination of field managers, general managers, media members and online fan voting.
The California native is no stranger to awards. He was also honored by the Arizona Diamondbacks when he was named the organization's Player of the Month for May, hitting .345 with 14 doubles and seven home runs.
Eitel was named to his first All-Star squad by the Pacific Coast League office after posting a 5-1 record and 2.70 ERA in 46.2 innings, while leading PCL relievers with 60 strikeouts.
Jacobs, Eitel and the rest of the PCL All-Stars will take on the International League All-Stars on Wednesday, July 16 at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in North Carolina. The game will be broadcast on MLB Network beginning at 4 p.m.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.