Updated Jul 6, 2014 - 10:00 am
Diamondbacks trade pitcher Brandon McCarthy, cash to Yankees for Vidal Nuno
OFFICIAL: #Dbacks acquire LHP Vidal Nuno (vi-del noon-yo) from Yankees for RHP Brandon McCarthy and cash considerations— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) July 6, 2014
The 30-year-old McCarthy, a nine-year MLB veteran, won three and lost 10 with a 5.01 ERA in 18 starts for the Diamondbacks in 2014, his second season in Arizona. The right-hander has struck out 93 batters and walked only 20 in 109.2 innings this season.
Yankee pinstripes, awesome. Very slimming but awesome.— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) July 6, 2014
Nuno, a 26-year-old left-handed starter, has a 2-5 record with a 5.42 ERA in his first full season in the Majors. He has appeared in 17 games, starting 14, and has 60 strikeouts and 26 walks in 78.0 innings pitched.
McCarthy becomes the second pitcher to be traded by the Diamondbacks in as many days. On Saturday, the team dealt reliever Joe Thatcher, as well as outfielder Tony Campana, to the Los Angeles Angels for two minor leaguers.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.