Updated Jul 6, 2014 - 4:39 pm
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt voted to All-Star Game as National League starter
This time, however, he'll be doing so as a National League starter.
Goldschmidt, who finished play Sunday with a .310 batting average to go along with 16 home runs, NL-leading 32 doubles and 58 RBI, is the first D-back to be voted into the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez achieved the feat back in 2001.
Claiming the starting nod was not difficult for the 26-year-old, as he cruised (3,516,890 votes) to a comfortable victory over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez (1,888,648 votes) and St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams (1,746,904 votes).
The NL MVP runner-up from a season ago is also the first player from Arizona to play in back-to-back All Star Games since right-hander Dan Haren (2008-09).
The 2014 All-Star Game takes place July 15 at Target Field and can be seen on FOX starting at 5 p.m.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.