Jake Lamb, Aaron Blair win Diamondbacks monthly honors
Infielder Jake Lamb of the Double-A Mobile (Ala.) BayBears was designated the organization's minor league player of the month, while Single-A Advanced Visalia (Calif.) Rawhide right-hander Aaron Blair was named the pitcher of the month.
Lamb, hit .368 in June with 11 doubles, four triples, four home runs 27 RBI and 20 runs scored in 25 games. He was tied for second in the all of the minor leagues for extra-base hits (19) and triples in June, while tied for third in RBI. The D-backs' sixth-round draft pick in 2012 was also named the Southern League's player of the week for June 9-15 after going 10-for-21 (.476) with six extra-base hits and 11 RBI.
Additionally, Lamb started at third base for the South Division of the Southern League All-Star Game last month, and he went 1-for-3 with one run scored in the contest. The Diamondbacks said he entered 2014 as having the best strike-zone discipline in the organization's farm system, according to Baseball America.
The D-backs' top farm pitcher in June, Blair, went 3-0 with a 3.06 ERA in 32.1 innings pitched over five starts during the month. The 22-year-old led the California League with 39 strikeouts in June, and the D-backs said he leads all minor leaguers with 117 strikeouts on the season.
The team said Blair, a Marshall University product, entered the season rated by Baseball America as the D-backs' No. 5 prospect. The Las Vegas native was drafted by Arizona in the Competitive Balance Round-A (36th overall) in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft.
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.