Updated Jul 8, 2014 - 6:08 pm
Trevor Cahill progressing gradually in the minors
He pitched one game for the Rawhide in the California League, giving up four runs in two innings pitched. The 26-year-old has moved up to Triple-A Reno since the rough start, where he has been fine-tuning his skills.
In the past week, Cahill has started two games, pitching 11.1 innings only giving up four hits while striking out nine in two victories.
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson is content with Cahill's progress in the minors, but added that his improved abilities remain unproven against major league talent.
"I mean he's done everything we've asked so the real test will be when he comes back here," Gibson said.
When he will return remains to be seen, but given that the D-backs traded Brandon McCarthy Sunday, lost Bronson Arroyo for the season Monday and have received uneven performances from rookie Mike Bolsinger, it's possible the team could turn to the veteran Cahill soon.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.