Updated Jul 10, 2014 - 8:30 am
D-backs' Mark Trumbo on fire in minor league rehab stint
If his performance in a minor league rehab assignment is any indication, he hasn't lost anything from his power stroke since he's been away.
Trumbo went 3-for-4 with a solo home run Tuedsay for the Reno Aces in a 6-2 loss to the Las Vegas 51s. It was the second straight day he's homered -- Trumbo also had a grand slam Monday night.
In six minor league games, including four with the Diamondbacks' Arizona Rookie League team, Trumbo is hitting .476 (10-for-21) with four homers and 11 RBI.
The performance means Trumbo is just about ready to return to the D-backs, perhaps even before the All-Star break.
"It's possible it'll be before -- we have conversations every day about that -- but more than likely it's going to be after," manager Kirk Gibson told Burns and Gambo Tuesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Maybe he'll make an appearance this weekend in the Giants series, but it's unlikely."
Should Trumbo not return before the break, it is likely he'd be back when the D-backs resume their schedule July 18 against the Chicago Cubs at Chase Field.
Update: Trumbo homered again Wednesday night, clubbing a solo shot to center field off of Daniel Gorski in Reno's 15-6 win over Las Vegas.
The homer was Trumbo's only hit of the game, but he's now batting .455 (5-for-11) with three homers and six RBI in three games at the Triple-A level.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.