Addison Reed: By the Numbers
Reed was entrenched as the White Sox closer for most of two seasons. He saved 40 games for a last-place team in 2013, which ranked seventh in MLB.
Unfortunately for Reed and the D-backs, his results have suffered because he's giving up more home runs.
Here is a look at Reed's season, by the numbers:
.248Opponents are hitting .248 off Reed this season. In 2013, they hit .215.
5 Part IReed has blown five of his 25 save opportunities (80 percent), tied for most in the NL. In Chicago, Reed closed the door on 69 of his 81 chances (85.2 percent).
5 Part IIWith a 1-5 record, Reed is tied for the most losses by a MLB reliever. He lost six of the 136 games (4.4 percent) appeared in during his White Sox tenure compared to five of 38 (13.2 percent) this year.
7Reed has allowed a run in seven of his 13 outings entering a tied game or with the D-backs up by one run. In those situations, he has surrendered seven home runs, accounting for nine of the 10 runs allowed.
9The nine home runs Reed has allowed is not only a career-worst, but it is also tied for most in MLB among relievers. In each of the last two seasons, Reed had only given up six.
20Reed has 20 of the D-backs' 23 saves, which puts him 13th in MLB.
42Despite all the home runs, Reed manages to strike out opposing batters. In 36.2 innings pitched, he has 42 strikeouts against nine walks.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.