Addison Reed: By the Numbers
Reed was entrenched as the White Sox closer for most of two seasons. He saved 40 games for a last-place team in 2013, which ranked seventh in MLB.
Unfortunately for Reed and the D-backs, his results have suffered because he's giving up more home runs.
Here is a look at Reed's season, by the numbers:
.248Opponents are hitting .248 off Reed this season. In 2013, they hit .215.
5 Part IReed has blown five of his 25 save opportunities (80 percent), tied for most in the NL. In Chicago, Reed closed the door on 69 of his 81 chances (85.2 percent).
5 Part IIWith a 1-5 record, Reed is tied for the most losses by a MLB reliever. He lost six of the 136 games (4.4 percent) appeared in during his White Sox tenure compared to five of 38 (13.2 percent) this year.
7Reed has allowed a run in seven of his 13 outings entering a tied game or with the D-backs up by one run. In those situations, he has surrendered seven home runs, accounting for nine of the 10 runs allowed.
9The nine home runs Reed has allowed is not only a career-worst, but it is also tied for most in MLB among relievers. In each of the last two seasons, Reed had only given up six.
20Reed has 20 of the D-backs' 23 saves, which puts him 13th in MLB.
42Despite all the home runs, Reed manages to strike out opposing batters. In 36.2 innings pitched, he has 42 strikeouts against nine walks.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.