Updated Jul 9, 2014 - 4:27 pm
Goldschmidt hits walk-off double to give D-backs extra innings win
Down 3-1 in the 10th inning, the Diamondbacks put together a rally against Marlins closer Steve Cishek. Aaron Hill singled, Ender Inciarte walked and David Peralta notched an RBI hit.
Then, in stepped Paul Goldschmidt with none out and men on the corners. He didn't hesitate, jumping on Cishek's first offering and crushing a double to the left-centerfield gap to score both runners.
In doing so, he got relief pitcher Brad Ziegler off the hook, as the Diamondbacks won 4-3.
It was Goldschmidt's fifth career walk-off hit. He leads baseball with 35 doubles and he's second in the National League with 61 RBI.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.