Updated Jul 9, 2014 - 4:27 pm
Goldschmidt hits walk-off double to give D-backs extra innings win
Down 3-1 in the 10th inning, the Diamondbacks put together a rally against Marlins closer Steve Cishek. Aaron Hill singled, Ender Inciarte walked and David Peralta notched an RBI hit.
Then, in stepped Paul Goldschmidt with none out and men on the corners. He didn't hesitate, jumping on Cishek's first offering and crushing a double to the left-centerfield gap to score both runners.
In doing so, he got relief pitcher Brad Ziegler off the hook, as the Diamondbacks won 4-3.
It was Goldschmidt's fifth career walk-off hit. He leads baseball with 35 doubles and he's second in the National League with 61 RBI.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.