Updated Jul 10, 2014 - 9:23 pm
D-backs prospect Blayne Weller tosses no-hitter for Single-A South Bend
In particular, right-hander Blayne Weller.
Weller, a starter for Single-A South Bend, pitched the game of his life in the Silver Hawks' 7-1 road win over the Dayton Dragons.
The 24-year-old and native of Key West, Fla. tossed his first professional no-hitter, striking out a career-high 12 batters in the process.
Heading into the Midwest League contest, Weller had not gone more than six innings in a game this season.
Following his banner evening, the former 14th-round pick improved to 5-4 on the year with a 4.03 ERA.
In addition to Weller's gem, Silver Hawks infielder Andrew Velazquez reached base for the 69th consecutive game -- a streak that is two shy of the minor league record held by both Kevin Youkilis and Kevin Millar.
On the night, Velazquez walked three times and also reached base on a triple.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.