Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Fox Sports' Rosenthal provides list of 'untouchable' Arizona Diamondbacks
The D-backs have a list of at least seven players who are "untouchable" according to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal.
Per sources, #DBacks' list of untouchables also includes: Goldschmidt, Corbin, Owings, Pollock, Bradley, Shipley. And probably Ziegler.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
It's no surprise Paul Goldschmidt or Patrick Corbin are on the list. Corbin was the team's ace in 2013, sporting a 14-8 record with a 3.41 ERA, and is recovering from Tommy John surgery. Goldschmidt is the team's best player, making the All-Star team in the past two seasons and finishing second in the NL MVP race in 2013.
It's also not shocking Archie Bradley and Braden Shipley are untouchable because they were the team's top two prospects heading into the season according to Baseball America.
Owings and Pollock are both young players who have played well in 2014, although the latter is currently on the disabled list.
Teams that have checked on #DBacks' Miley have been told that he is unavailable. Under control through '17. Starting pitching a need for AZ.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
Miley is 4-6 with a 4.43 ERA in 2014, but has shown recent signs of maybe turning his season around by allowing just three runs over his last two starts.
Some notable players absent from Rosenthal's list include infielders Martin Prado and Aaron Hill, who reportedly were scouted by the Toronto Blue Jays.
Another player not on the list, Mark Trumbo, was just activated from the disabled list after suffering a stress fracture in his foot. He hit seven home runs in 21 games before the DL trip and had been raking in the minors.
Reported earlier that trade of #DBacks' Trumbo unlikely. Under control through '16. Team couldn't get Skaggs/Santiago equivalent right now.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.