Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Fox Sports' Rosenthal provides list of 'untouchable' Arizona Diamondbacks
The D-backs have a list of at least seven players who are "untouchable" according to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal.
Per sources, #DBacks' list of untouchables also includes: Goldschmidt, Corbin, Owings, Pollock, Bradley, Shipley. And probably Ziegler.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
It's no surprise Paul Goldschmidt or Patrick Corbin are on the list. Corbin was the team's ace in 2013, sporting a 14-8 record with a 3.41 ERA, and is recovering from Tommy John surgery. Goldschmidt is the team's best player, making the All-Star team in the past two seasons and finishing second in the NL MVP race in 2013.
It's also not shocking Archie Bradley and Braden Shipley are untouchable because they were the team's top two prospects heading into the season according to Baseball America.
Owings and Pollock are both young players who have played well in 2014, although the latter is currently on the disabled list.
Teams that have checked on #DBacks' Miley have been told that he is unavailable. Under control through '17. Starting pitching a need for AZ.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
Miley is 4-6 with a 4.43 ERA in 2014, but has shown recent signs of maybe turning his season around by allowing just three runs over his last two starts.
Some notable players absent from Rosenthal's list include infielders Martin Prado and Aaron Hill, who reportedly were scouted by the Toronto Blue Jays.
Another player not on the list, Mark Trumbo, was just activated from the disabled list after suffering a stress fracture in his foot. He hit seven home runs in 21 games before the DL trip and had been raking in the minors.
Reported earlier that trade of #DBacks' Trumbo unlikely. Under control through '16. Team couldn't get Skaggs/Santiago equivalent right now.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.