Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Fox Sports' Rosenthal provides list of 'untouchable' Arizona Diamondbacks
The D-backs have a list of at least seven players who are "untouchable" according to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal.
Per sources, #DBacks' list of untouchables also includes: Goldschmidt, Corbin, Owings, Pollock, Bradley, Shipley. And probably Ziegler.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
It's no surprise Paul Goldschmidt or Patrick Corbin are on the list. Corbin was the team's ace in 2013, sporting a 14-8 record with a 3.41 ERA, and is recovering from Tommy John surgery. Goldschmidt is the team's best player, making the All-Star team in the past two seasons and finishing second in the NL MVP race in 2013.
It's also not shocking Archie Bradley and Braden Shipley are untouchable because they were the team's top two prospects heading into the season according to Baseball America.
Owings and Pollock are both young players who have played well in 2014, although the latter is currently on the disabled list.
Teams that have checked on #DBacks' Miley have been told that he is unavailable. Under control through '17. Starting pitching a need for AZ.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
Miley is 4-6 with a 4.43 ERA in 2014, but has shown recent signs of maybe turning his season around by allowing just three runs over his last two starts.
Some notable players absent from Rosenthal's list include infielders Martin Prado and Aaron Hill, who reportedly were scouted by the Toronto Blue Jays.
Another player not on the list, Mark Trumbo, was just activated from the disabled list after suffering a stress fracture in his foot. He hit seven home runs in 21 games before the DL trip and had been raking in the minors.
Reported earlier that trade of #DBacks' Trumbo unlikely. Under control through '16. Team couldn't get Skaggs/Santiago equivalent right now.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.