Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Fox Sports' Rosenthal provides list of 'untouchable' Arizona Diamondbacks
The D-backs have a list of at least seven players who are "untouchable" according to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal.
Per sources, #DBacks' list of untouchables also includes: Goldschmidt, Corbin, Owings, Pollock, Bradley, Shipley. And probably Ziegler.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
It's no surprise Paul Goldschmidt or Patrick Corbin are on the list. Corbin was the team's ace in 2013, sporting a 14-8 record with a 3.41 ERA, and is recovering from Tommy John surgery. Goldschmidt is the team's best player, making the All-Star team in the past two seasons and finishing second in the NL MVP race in 2013.
It's also not shocking Archie Bradley and Braden Shipley are untouchable because they were the team's top two prospects heading into the season according to Baseball America.
Owings and Pollock are both young players who have played well in 2014, although the latter is currently on the disabled list.
Teams that have checked on #DBacks' Miley have been told that he is unavailable. Under control through '17. Starting pitching a need for AZ.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
Miley is 4-6 with a 4.43 ERA in 2014, but has shown recent signs of maybe turning his season around by allowing just three runs over his last two starts.
Some notable players absent from Rosenthal's list include infielders Martin Prado and Aaron Hill, who reportedly were scouted by the Toronto Blue Jays.
Another player not on the list, Mark Trumbo, was just activated from the disabled list after suffering a stress fracture in his foot. He hit seven home runs in 21 games before the DL trip and had been raking in the minors.
Reported earlier that trade of #DBacks' Trumbo unlikely. Under control through '16. Team couldn't get Skaggs/Santiago equivalent right now.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 11, 2014
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.