Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 2:49 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' Miguel Montero added to NL All-Star roster
MLB announced Friday that catcher Miguel Montero has been added to the National League roster to replace St. Louis' Yadier Molina.
This will be Montero's second All-Star appearance, having also played in the game in 2011 when it was held at Chase Field in Arizona. This season he is batting .265 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI for the D-backs.
Montero, along with Cincinnati's Devin Mesoraco, will back up Milwaukee's Jonathan Lucroy, who will be the starter.
Montero will join teammate Paul Goldschmidt in Minnesota for the game. This will be the second straight year Arizona has sent two players to the Midsummer Classic, as both Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin were part of last year's game.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.