Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 2:49 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' Miguel Montero added to NL All-Star roster
MLB announced Friday that catcher Miguel Montero has been added to the National League roster to replace St. Louis' Yadier Molina.
This will be Montero's second All-Star appearance, having also played in the game in 2011 when it was held at Chase Field in Arizona. This season he is batting .265 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI for the D-backs.
Montero, along with Cincinnati's Devin Mesoraco, will back up Milwaukee's Jonathan Lucroy, who will be the starter.
Montero will join teammate Paul Goldschmidt in Minnesota for the game. This will be the second straight year Arizona has sent two players to the Midsummer Classic, as both Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin were part of last year's game.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.