Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 3:38 pm
D-backs reinstate Mark Trumbo from disabled list
Trumbo, who was sidelined with a stress fracture in his left foot, recently completed a minor league rehab stint during which he batted .458 (11-for-24) with five home runs and 12 RBI in seven games with Reno and the Arizona League D-backs.
He's been on the disabled list since April 24. At the time, he was tied for the National League lead with seven home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
There was some doubt to whether Trumbo would be activated before or after the annual All-Star break. As recently as Tuesday, manager Kirk Gibson believed Trumbo's return would come following the break.
"It's possible it'll be before -- we have conversations every day about that -- but more than likely it's going to be after," Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Maybe he'll make an appearance this weekend in the Giants series, but it's unlikely."
Trumbo is in Friday's lineup, playing left field and batting fifth against San Francisco's Tim Lincecum.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.