Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 3:38 pm
D-backs reinstate Mark Trumbo from disabled list
Trumbo, who was sidelined with a stress fracture in his left foot, recently completed a minor league rehab stint during which he batted .458 (11-for-24) with five home runs and 12 RBI in seven games with Reno and the Arizona League D-backs.
He's been on the disabled list since April 24. At the time, he was tied for the National League lead with seven home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
There was some doubt to whether Trumbo would be activated before or after the annual All-Star break. As recently as Tuesday, manager Kirk Gibson believed Trumbo's return would come following the break.
"It's possible it'll be before -- we have conversations every day about that -- but more than likely it's going to be after," Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Maybe he'll make an appearance this weekend in the Giants series, but it's unlikely."
Trumbo is in Friday's lineup, playing left field and batting fifth against San Francisco's Tim Lincecum.
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.