Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 3:38 pm
D-backs reinstate Mark Trumbo from disabled list
Trumbo, who was sidelined with a stress fracture in his left foot, recently completed a minor league rehab stint during which he batted .458 (11-for-24) with five home runs and 12 RBI in seven games with Reno and the Arizona League D-backs.
He's been on the disabled list since April 24. At the time, he was tied for the National League lead with seven home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
There was some doubt to whether Trumbo would be activated before or after the annual All-Star break. As recently as Tuesday, manager Kirk Gibson believed Trumbo's return would come following the break.
"It's possible it'll be before -- we have conversations every day about that -- but more than likely it's going to be after," Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Maybe he'll make an appearance this weekend in the Giants series, but it's unlikely."
Trumbo is in Friday's lineup, playing left field and batting fifth against San Francisco's Tim Lincecum.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.