Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 3:38 pm
D-backs reinstate Mark Trumbo from disabled list
Trumbo, who was sidelined with a stress fracture in his left foot, recently completed a minor league rehab stint during which he batted .458 (11-for-24) with five home runs and 12 RBI in seven games with Reno and the Arizona League D-backs.
He's been on the disabled list since April 24. At the time, he was tied for the National League lead with seven home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
There was some doubt to whether Trumbo would be activated before or after the annual All-Star break. As recently as Tuesday, manager Kirk Gibson believed Trumbo's return would come following the break.
"It's possible it'll be before -- we have conversations every day about that -- but more than likely it's going to be after," Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Maybe he'll make an appearance this weekend in the Giants series, but it's unlikely."
Trumbo is in Friday's lineup, playing left field and batting fifth against San Francisco's Tim Lincecum.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.