D-backs outfielder Mark Trumbo has quiet night in return, records one hit
In fact, the only positive came from the return of left fielder Mark Trumbo, who missed the previous 71 games due to a stress fracture in his left foot.
But Trumbo's presence in the number-five hole couldn't cure the D-backs' recent woes at the plate, though he did record his first hit since April 21.
The 28-year-old went 1-for-4 at the dish, stranding a runner on base in the second, singling to center in the seventh and closing out the ballgame with an innocent grounder to third baseman Pablo Sandoval.
In the field, Trumbo, who was acquired in Dec. 2013 from the Los Angeles Angels, managed to record only a single put out.
Before the D-backs reinstated him Friday, Trumbo was hitting .458 with five home runs and 12 RBI during his brief rehab assignment.
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.