Wade Miley, bullpen shutout Giants in D-backs' win: By The Numbers
The former tossed seven scoreless innings to prolong a brilliant month of July while the latter scored the game's only two runs.
Only Brandon Belt proved at all troubling for Diamondbacks pitchers, reaching base three times -- twice via walk -- while the rest of his team did so just four times.
After Miley's exit, Brad Ziegler and Addison Reed held down the fort, shutting down the Giants' side in order.
Here's a look at the Diamondbacks' win, by the numbers:
In three starts in the month of July, Miley has a 1.25 ERA, having held opponents to a total of just three earned runs in 21.2 innings pitched. He has also allowed just 13 hits and 17 baserunners in that span, while striking out 22.
Outfielder David Peralta continued his success at the plate Saturday with a 2-for-4 showing that included a double. He is hitting .321 with a .345 on-base percentage through the first 36 games of his major league career.
Hill's seventh home run of the season stood as the only score of the game until the seventh inning, when he crossed home plate again -- scoring the second of the Diamondbacks' two total runs.
Addison Reed recorded his 21st save of the season Saturday with a nine-pitch, 1-2-3 inning.
Leadoff man Ender Inciarte saw a game-high 26 pitches, though going 1-for-5 in the game.
NL All-Star starting first baseman Paul Goldschmidt has reached base safely in 32 consecutive games, a career high.
Goldschmidt hit his 36th double of the season Saturday at AT&T Park, a franchise record for doubles ahead of the All-Star Break.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.