Wade Miley, bullpen shutout Giants in D-backs' win: By The Numbers
The former tossed seven scoreless innings to prolong a brilliant month of July while the latter scored the game's only two runs.
Only Brandon Belt proved at all troubling for Diamondbacks pitchers, reaching base three times -- twice via walk -- while the rest of his team did so just four times.
After Miley's exit, Brad Ziegler and Addison Reed held down the fort, shutting down the Giants' side in order.
Here's a look at the Diamondbacks' win, by the numbers:
In three starts in the month of July, Miley has a 1.25 ERA, having held opponents to a total of just three earned runs in 21.2 innings pitched. He has also allowed just 13 hits and 17 baserunners in that span, while striking out 22.
Outfielder David Peralta continued his success at the plate Saturday with a 2-for-4 showing that included a double. He is hitting .321 with a .345 on-base percentage through the first 36 games of his major league career.
Hill's seventh home run of the season stood as the only score of the game until the seventh inning, when he crossed home plate again -- scoring the second of the Diamondbacks' two total runs.
Addison Reed recorded his 21st save of the season Saturday with a nine-pitch, 1-2-3 inning.
Leadoff man Ender Inciarte saw a game-high 26 pitches, though going 1-for-5 in the game.
NL All-Star starting first baseman Paul Goldschmidt has reached base safely in 32 consecutive games, a career high.
Goldschmidt hit his 36th double of the season Saturday at AT&T Park, a franchise record for doubles ahead of the All-Star Break.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.