Updated Jul 12, 2014 - 5:09 pm
Hill, Miley lead Diamondbacks over Giants
David Peralta and Gerardo Parra each added two hits for the Diamondbacks, who won their fourth in six games.
Marco Scutaro went hitless in two at-bats with a walk in his season debut for the Giants, who were shut out for the fifth time in 13 games.
Miley (5-6) allowed four hits and won his second straight start for the first time since early April. He has given up three runs over his past 22 2/3 innings.
Brad Ziegler worked the eighth and Addison Reed pitched the ninth for his 21st save in 26 chances.
Ryan Vogelsong (5-7) gave up two runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings.
Vogelsong has lost his last four starts despite a 2.19 ERA over that span. The Giants have been shut out in each of his last three starts and given him one run of support in his last 24 2/3 innings.
Scutaro, a postseason star for the Giants in their run to the 2012 championship, received a standing ovation when he came to the plate for his first at-bat of the season. He drew a walk.
Scutaro has missed the first half of the year because of a back problem.
Miley permitted one hitter — Brandon Belt, who singled and walked twice — to reach third base and that came with two outs in the seventh.
Miley gave up one leadoff hit, and then promptly picked off Gregor Blanco in the fifth.
Hill homered with one out in the fourth. He hit a leadoff double in the seventh and Parra's RBI single ended Vogelsong's day.
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.