Updated Jul 12, 2014 - 5:09 pm
Hill, Miley lead Diamondbacks over Giants
David Peralta and Gerardo Parra each added two hits for the Diamondbacks, who won their fourth in six games.
Marco Scutaro went hitless in two at-bats with a walk in his season debut for the Giants, who were shut out for the fifth time in 13 games.
Miley (5-6) allowed four hits and won his second straight start for the first time since early April. He has given up three runs over his past 22 2/3 innings.
Brad Ziegler worked the eighth and Addison Reed pitched the ninth for his 21st save in 26 chances.
Ryan Vogelsong (5-7) gave up two runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings.
Vogelsong has lost his last four starts despite a 2.19 ERA over that span. The Giants have been shut out in each of his last three starts and given him one run of support in his last 24 2/3 innings.
Scutaro, a postseason star for the Giants in their run to the 2012 championship, received a standing ovation when he came to the plate for his first at-bat of the season. He drew a walk.
Scutaro has missed the first half of the year because of a back problem.
Miley permitted one hitter — Brandon Belt, who singled and walked twice — to reach third base and that came with two outs in the seventh.
Miley gave up one leadoff hit, and then promptly picked off Gregor Blanco in the fifth.
Hill homered with one out in the fourth. He hit a leadoff double in the seventh and Parra's RBI single ended Vogelsong's day.
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?