Updated Jul 12, 2014 - 5:09 pm
Hill, Miley lead Diamondbacks over Giants
David Peralta and Gerardo Parra each added two hits for the Diamondbacks, who won their fourth in six games.
Marco Scutaro went hitless in two at-bats with a walk in his season debut for the Giants, who were shut out for the fifth time in 13 games.
Miley (5-6) allowed four hits and won his second straight start for the first time since early April. He has given up three runs over his past 22 2/3 innings.
Brad Ziegler worked the eighth and Addison Reed pitched the ninth for his 21st save in 26 chances.
Ryan Vogelsong (5-7) gave up two runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings.
Vogelsong has lost his last four starts despite a 2.19 ERA over that span. The Giants have been shut out in each of his last three starts and given him one run of support in his last 24 2/3 innings.
Scutaro, a postseason star for the Giants in their run to the 2012 championship, received a standing ovation when he came to the plate for his first at-bat of the season. He drew a walk.
Scutaro has missed the first half of the year because of a back problem.
Miley permitted one hitter — Brandon Belt, who singled and walked twice — to reach third base and that came with two outs in the seventh.
Miley gave up one leadoff hit, and then promptly picked off Gregor Blanco in the fifth.
Hill homered with one out in the fourth. He hit a leadoff double in the seventh and Parra's RBI single ended Vogelsong's day.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.