Wade Miley off to a sizzling hot July for Diamondbacks
Wade Miley is leading an aggressive counter campaign against that reality.
Since July 1, the left-hander has held his opponents to just three earned runs over 21.2 innings pitched -- good for a 1.25 ERA in those three starts.
Facing the Pittsburgh Pirates, Atlanta Braves and, Saturday, the San Francisco Giants, Miley has struck out more hitters than he has allowed baserunners, recording 22 strikeouts so far this month, while allowing just 17 opposing hitters to reach base.
Since the month began, Miley has seen his season ERA drop by nearly half-a-run, from 4.61 to 4.18 by game's end Saturday. A winning result Saturday against the Giants improved his record to 5-6 on the year, giving him wins in two of his last three outings. On July 1, against the Pirates at PNC Park, he exited the game after the eighth inning with a 2-0 lead but saw his bullpen falter late, erasing his winning effort.
Miley's last three starts easily qualify as his most consistent of the season thus far, as he's only won consecutive starts once prior this year, in April.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.