Updated Jul 14, 2014 - 11:58 am
Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Braden Shipley pitches well in Futures Game
One prospect who may play a role in it saw action during the Futures Game in Target Field.
The D-backs' Braden Shipley, the team's No. 2 prospect according to Baseball America, recorded a pair of outs for the U.S. in its 3-2 victory over the World.
Shipley entered in the seventh inning with one out and none on. He gave up a single to the first hitter he faced, but escaped the inning unscathed after getting the next two batters to fly out.
Thank you to everyone who watched and supported me in today's game. Was a great experience.— Braden Shipley (@shipley25) July 14, 2014
The D-backs took Shipley, 22, No. 15 overall in the 2013 draft out of UNLV.
In his second season in the minor leagues, Shipley is 5-6 and a 4.40 ERA combined with Single-A South Bend and High-A Visalia. He has struck out 89 in 86 innings across 15 starts.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.