Updated Jul 16, 2014 - 7:42 am
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt makes diving stop at All-Star Game
The 2013 National League Gold Glove winner at first base made a stellar diving play for the first out of the fifth inning, diving to his right to rob Oakland Athletics' All-Star Josh Donaldson of a hit.
With St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Pat Neshek on the mound, Goldschmidt dove to his right to stab a hard-hit ground ball in the 3-4 hole before jumping to his feet and firing over to the covering pitcher for the out.
In all, Goldschmidt isn't having as strong of a year as he had last year, when he won baseball's premier fielding award. He has already committed seven errors in 2014 -- two more than he did in all of last season at first base.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.