The Pulse: More deals expected from Arizona Diamondbacks
The Arizona Diamondbacks, at 40-56 and 13.5 games back of the L.A. Dodgers in the NL West, figure to be in the first group.
So, with the All-Star break coming to an end, it would figure that the trade activity would pick up. Are the D-backs set to make some moves?
We asked you, our readers, that very question, and it appears you expect the D-backs to pull off a handful of deals.
That happening would come as a surprise to ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian, who Wednesday told Burns and Gambo the D-backs lacked 'truly marketable' trade pieces.
However, that's not to say Arizona doesn't have anyone who could help another team, so really the D-backs have to decide whether the return would be worth what they would be giving up.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.