Daniel Radcliffe to star as Olympic runner Seb Coe
LONDON (AP) - "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe has signed on to play British Olympic runner Sebastian Coe in a movie about rivalries on the running track.
"Gold" will tell the story of the tense rivalry between Coe and fellow middle distance runner Steve Ovett in the run-up to the 1980 Moscow Olympics, where Ovett won the 800 meters and Coe took the 1500 meters. Coe, also a gold medalist in 1984, went on to become a politician and headed the London organizing committee at last year's summer Olympics.
The movie reunites the 24-year-old Radcliffe with James Watkins, the director of the 2012 film "The Woman in Black."
Filming is expected to begin in in April 2014.
Radcliffe's publicist confirmed Radcliffe's casting on Wednesday. The casting for Ovett has not yet been announced.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.