Predators suspend pair of forwards prior to pivotal Game 3
According to The Tennessean, the Predators have suspended forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for Wednesday's tilt.
"The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things," General Manager David Poile said in a statement released by the team. "We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates."
Poile would not add details to why the players were suspended, but reports are surfacing that the two were out late in Scottsdale prior to Game 2, which was a 5-3 Coyotes win.
Radulov and AKostitsyn were spotted in Scottsdale at 4am on the eve of Game 2. Suspended for Game 3 by club.— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) May 1, 2012
Kostitsyn has recorded a goal in both games, whereas Radulov has just one point in the series so far, a power play assist he earned in Game 2.
The series shifts to Nashville with the Coyotes leading 2- 0, so the suspensions clearly come at a bad time for the Predators.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i