Report: Coyotes sale getting closer
LeBrun wrote Thursday night that Coyotes president and chief operating officer Mike Nealy had positive news concerning the potential deal that would end in former San Jose Sharks executive Greg Jamison gaining control of the team.
"I'm still in a situation where I believe it is going to happen," Nealy said. "A lot of this is in the hands of the NHL, of course, as the owner and they are working with the Jamison group. ... Things are going well with both Jamison and the City of Glendale because he has to work out a deal with the city, the city has to have a deal with him that the NHL is comfortable with, and I think that's getting there. The money has to be there, and I think that is getting lined up, so we could be looking in the near future."
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly was also optimistic according to LeBrun, but not as much as Nealy.
"We are continuing to work with Greg Jamison and with the City of Glendale to move the process forward," Daly said via email. "We remain hopeful that we can get a deal done, and we can move forward from there to close the transaction and transition ownership locally. Having said that, nothing is done yet, and no timeline for completion has been established."
The Coyotes are in their third season of being owned and operated by the National Hockey League.
Phoenix currently leads their best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal series against the Nashville Predators two games to one.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i