Coyotes' Klesla suspended 1 game
NEW YORK — Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla was suspended for one game by the NHL on Sunday for boarding Nashville Predators forward Matt Halischuk on Friday night.
Klesla received a minor penalty for boarding in the first period of Coyotes' 1-0 road victory in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinal series. Video replays showed he appeared to grab Halischuk's jersey before slamming him into the boards.
Phoenix leads the series 3-1. Game 5 is Monday night in Glendale, Ariz.
On Thursday, Coyotes forward Raffi Torres appealed the length of his 25- game suspension for a hit to the head on Chicago forward Marian Hossa in the first round.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i