Phoenix Coyotes' quest for the cup is 'not dead yet'
"We're not dead yet," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I feel like the guy from Monty Python's, we're not dead yet. We're going to hang in there."
But, funny as that is, is not really the point the Coyotes captain is trying to make.
No, what Doan is trying to tell everyone is that while they are down 3-1, the series isn't over until one of the teams involved gets to four.
Because a win Tuesday means the Kings are just one more loss away from facing a Game 7 in a hostile arena, and if this series reaches a seventh game, anything can happen.
Which is why, not surprisingly, Doan is hoping Coyotes fans are out in force at Jobing.com Arena Tuesday night when the puck drops at 6:00 p.m.
"We're OK, we're going to find a way, and we'd love for them to be out there," he said. "Every athlete has an ego, and we want to play in front of a full house, and a loud crowd.
And it's not over, yet.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i