Updated Oct 30, 2013 - 3:50 pm
Hugh Jackman honors mother-in-law at Angel Ball
NEW YORK (AP) - When Hugh Jackman decided to marry the daughter of a woman who's dedicated her life to fighting cancer, he became part of the fight as well- it was a package deal.
The "X-Men" actor said that when he asked his mother-in-law Fay Duncan- president of the Fight Cancer Foundation in Australia- for her blessing when he proposed to Deborra-Lee Furness, she told him that supporting the fight against cancer was one of the requirements to get that blessing.
On Tuesday night, Jackman and his wife paid tribute to Duncan, one of several honored at the annual Angel Ball benefit that raises funds for cancer research.
He joked: "If you're expecting an actor to start sucking up to his mother-in-law, you're absolutely right."
The evening featured performances from Pharrell Williams, Usher and Chaka Khan.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.