Updated Jul 1, 2012 - 4:40 pm
Ray Whitney signs two-year deal with Dallas Stars
Whitney was the Coyotes' leading scorer last season and was 12th in the league in points while earning Second-Team All-NHL honors.
Selected 23rd overall in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft, Whitney has played for seven teams over his 20-year career (San Jose, Edmonton, Florida, Columbus, Detroit, Carolina and Phoenix).
Coyotes captain Shane Doan is also testing the free agency waters, but isn't expected to make a decision on his future until July 9.
- The Pulse: Coyotes fans excited about potential outdoor game
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?