Updated Jul 1, 2012 - 4:40 pm
Ray Whitney signs two-year deal with Dallas Stars
Whitney was the Coyotes' leading scorer last season and was 12th in the league in points while earning Second-Team All-NHL honors.
Selected 23rd overall in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft, Whitney has played for seven teams over his 20-year career (San Jose, Edmonton, Florida, Columbus, Detroit, Carolina and Phoenix).
Coyotes captain Shane Doan is also testing the free agency waters, but isn't expected to make a decision on his future until July 9.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.