Updated Jul 1, 2012 - 4:40 pm
Ray Whitney signs two-year deal with Dallas Stars
Whitney was the Coyotes' leading scorer last season and was 12th in the league in points while earning Second-Team All-NHL honors.
Selected 23rd overall in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft, Whitney has played for seven teams over his 20-year career (San Jose, Edmonton, Florida, Columbus, Detroit, Carolina and Phoenix).
Coyotes captain Shane Doan is also testing the free agency waters, but isn't expected to make a decision on his future until July 9.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?