Coyotes add right wing David Moss from Calgary
The Phoenix Coyotes announced Sunday that they have signed right wing David Moss to a two-year contract.
"David, a former 20-goal scorer, is a big, versatile player who will provide secondary scoring and back-up depth at our center position," General Manager Don Maloney told Phoenixcoyotes.com. "Our Associate Coach, Jim Playfair, coached David in Calgary and believes he will be an excellent addition for us. We are pleased to add him to our roster."
The 6-foot-4, 207 pound Moss recorded two goals and nine points last season in 32 games with the Calgary Flames in an injury- shortened season.
The 30-year-old had spent his entire career with the Flames before signing with the Coyotes and played in 317 regular season games.
Moss collected career highs in goals (20), assists (19) and points (39) during the 2008-09 season.
Moss was selected by the Calgary Flames in the seventh round (220th overall) in the 2001 Entry Draft.
The Coyotes also announced that they have signed goaltender Chad Johnson to a one-year deal.
Last season Johnson averaged a 2.49 goals against average and a .919 save percentage in 49 games with the Connecticut Whale, AHL affiliate to the New York Rangers.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i