Report: Red Wings interested in Shane Doan
Of course, Doan has professed a desire to stay in the Valley, but only if the team's ownership situation can be resolved in a timely manner.
Should that not happen, though, and should Doan decide he can't wait any longer, there will be a long list of teams interested in acquiring the 35-year-old.
Among them: the Detroit Red Wings.
At this point, while seeing Doan in any other team's sweater would be tough to swallow, the Red Wings probably rank right there with the Kings on the "please don't let this happen" scale.
Because, while Doan is not the player he once was, the Coyotes' captain is still great in the dressing room and solid on the ice, as he's coming off a year where he tallied 50 points and led the team to the Western Conference Final.
Then again, Doan does not want to leave. But if the ownership situation lingers, he may not have much of a choice.
Except, you know, where he actually signs.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes' GM - Wednesday May 29The GM discusses his contract extension and the futures of head coach Dave Tippett and goaltender Mi
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.