Offers keep rolling in for Shane Doan
Though the prospective sale of the team to former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison appears to be moving forward, Doan knows he must at least be prepared in case he has to move on.
And, as it turns out, it appears the rest of the NHL is readying for that prospect, too.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro is reporting the Coyotes' captain will not be short on suitors should he decide to leave the desert.
Coyotes Captain and free agent Shane Doan has 5 offers right now - confirmed are Los Angeles, San Jose and Vancouver— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 12, 2012
Makes sense, because what contender wouldn't want a player of Doan's caliber on the roster? Sure, he's 35 years old, but the veteran is coming off a season where he tallied 50 points and 48 PIM, leading the Coyotes to the Western Conference Final.
So yeah, he's still got it.
NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 13, 2012
That's a a considerable sum, though it's tough to say how much more or less that is compared to what the Coyotes would offer. But again, it really seems like it will come down to one thing for Doan, and it has nothing to do with how this next deal affects his bank account.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes' GM - Wednesday May 29The GM discusses his contract extension and the futures of head coach Dave Tippett and goaltender Mi
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.