Updated Jul 20, 2012 - 10:21 am
Shane Doan in New York visiting with Rangers
After spending two weeks gauging interest and fielding offers, Shane Doan is making his first official visit of free agency Friday, and he is doing it in New York.
Doan, the 35-year-old free agent, who has spent his entire career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization, is in New York and meeting with the Rangers brass to discuss a future on Broadway.
The Rangers finished with the most points (109) in the Eastern Conference this past season and reached the Eastern Conference Finals before losing to the New Jersey Devils in six games. The Rangers were showing interest in Doan last week, and he currently has offers on the table from Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.
One offer Doan has is a four-year contract in excess of $30 million. There are several other teams interested in Doan, who had 22 goals and 28 assists in leading the Coyotes to the Western Conference Final last season, but the visit in New York is his first since free agency started.
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.