Updated Jul 20, 2012 - 10:21 am
Shane Doan in New York visiting with Rangers
After spending two weeks gauging interest and fielding offers, Shane Doan is making his first official visit of free agency Friday, and he is doing it in New York.
Doan, the 35-year-old free agent, who has spent his entire career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization, is in New York and meeting with the Rangers brass to discuss a future on Broadway.
The Rangers finished with the most points (109) in the Eastern Conference this past season and reached the Eastern Conference Finals before losing to the New Jersey Devils in six games. The Rangers were showing interest in Doan last week, and he currently has offers on the table from Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.
One offer Doan has is a four-year contract in excess of $30 million. There are several other teams interested in Doan, who had 22 goals and 28 assists in leading the Coyotes to the Western Conference Final last season, but the visit in New York is his first since free agency started.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.