Shane Doan in New York visiting with Rangers
After spending two weeks gauging interest and fielding offers, Shane Doan is making his first official visit of free agency Friday, and he is doing it in New York.
Doan, the 35-year-old free agent, who has spent his entire career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization, is in New York and meeting with the Rangers brass to discuss a future on Broadway.
The Rangers finished with the most points (109) in the Eastern Conference this past season and reached the Eastern Conference Finals before losing to the New Jersey Devils in six games. The Rangers were showing interest in Doan last week, and he currently has offers on the table from Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.
One offer Doan has is a four-year contract in excess of $30 million. There are several other teams interested in Doan, who had 22 goals and 28 assists in leading the Coyotes to the Western Conference Final last season, but the visit in New York is his first since free agency started.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i