Updated Jul 27, 2012 - 12:32 pm
Futures of Doan, Coyotes to become more clear Friday
According to Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro, Doan's camp is tired of waiting for the ownership situation to get resolved, and will start negotiating with other teams if a sale isn't complete by the weekend.
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expected to start negotiating with other teams if Jamison does not close deal to purchase Coyotes in next 24 hrs— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2012
It's been reported that Doan has listened to other teams and discussed the possibility of leaving the only franchise he's ever known, but this would be the first time all offseason he's actually negotiated with other clubs.
"Once you start to negotiate, then you're not that far away from maybe getting a deal done," Gambadoro said. "So I'd be a little concerned if Jamison doesn't close this deal in the next 24 hours, by the end of [Friday], that they will begin negotiating with other teams."
That would be bad news on all fronts for Coyotes fans, because no one wants to see Doan leave and, if he does, it may very well be a sign that the sale will not go through. And, given the confidence there was in Jamison's group just a couple months ago, that would be a disturbing revelation.
"Maybe Jamison closes on Monday and Doan hasn't agreed to a deal with anybody yet, and he tries to get in -- that's a possibility," Gambadoro added. "But I think there are major concerns as to whether Jamison is going to be able to close this deal."
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.