Updated Jul 27, 2012 - 12:32 pm
Futures of Doan, Coyotes to become more clear Friday
According to Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro, Doan's camp is tired of waiting for the ownership situation to get resolved, and will start negotiating with other teams if a sale isn't complete by the weekend.
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expected to start negotiating with other teams if Jamison does not close deal to purchase Coyotes in next 24 hrs— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2012
It's been reported that Doan has listened to other teams and discussed the possibility of leaving the only franchise he's ever known, but this would be the first time all offseason he's actually negotiated with other clubs.
"Once you start to negotiate, then you're not that far away from maybe getting a deal done," Gambadoro said. "So I'd be a little concerned if Jamison doesn't close this deal in the next 24 hours, by the end of [Friday], that they will begin negotiating with other teams."
That would be bad news on all fronts for Coyotes fans, because no one wants to see Doan leave and, if he does, it may very well be a sign that the sale will not go through. And, given the confidence there was in Jamison's group just a couple months ago, that would be a disturbing revelation.
"Maybe Jamison closes on Monday and Doan hasn't agreed to a deal with anybody yet, and he tries to get in -- that's a possibility," Gambadoro added. "But I think there are major concerns as to whether Jamison is going to be able to close this deal."
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?