Updated Jul 27, 2012 - 12:32 pm
Futures of Doan, Coyotes to become more clear Friday
According to Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro, Doan's camp is tired of waiting for the ownership situation to get resolved, and will start negotiating with other teams if a sale isn't complete by the weekend.
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expected to start negotiating with other teams if Jamison does not close deal to purchase Coyotes in next 24 hrs— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2012
It's been reported that Doan has listened to other teams and discussed the possibility of leaving the only franchise he's ever known, but this would be the first time all offseason he's actually negotiated with other clubs.
"Once you start to negotiate, then you're not that far away from maybe getting a deal done," Gambadoro said. "So I'd be a little concerned if Jamison doesn't close this deal in the next 24 hours, by the end of [Friday], that they will begin negotiating with other teams."
That would be bad news on all fronts for Coyotes fans, because no one wants to see Doan leave and, if he does, it may very well be a sign that the sale will not go through. And, given the confidence there was in Jamison's group just a couple months ago, that would be a disturbing revelation.
"Maybe Jamison closes on Monday and Doan hasn't agreed to a deal with anybody yet, and he tries to get in -- that's a possibility," Gambadoro added. "But I think there are major concerns as to whether Jamison is going to be able to close this deal."
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.