Futures of Doan, Coyotes to become more clear Friday
According to Arizona Sports' John Gambadoro, Doan's camp is tired of waiting for the ownership situation to get resolved, and will start negotiating with other teams if a sale isn't complete by the weekend.
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expected to start negotiating with other teams if Jamison does not close deal to purchase Coyotes in next 24 hrs— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2012
It's been reported that Doan has listened to other teams and discussed the possibility of leaving the only franchise he's ever known, but this would be the first time all offseason he's actually negotiated with other clubs.
"Once you start to negotiate, then you're not that far away from maybe getting a deal done," Gambadoro said. "So I'd be a little concerned if Jamison doesn't close this deal in the next 24 hours, by the end of [Friday], that they will begin negotiating with other teams."
That would be bad news on all fronts for Coyotes fans, because no one wants to see Doan leave and, if he does, it may very well be a sign that the sale will not go through. And, given the confidence there was in Jamison's group just a couple months ago, that would be a disturbing revelation.
"Maybe Jamison closes on Monday and Doan hasn't agreed to a deal with anybody yet, and he tries to get in -- that's a possibility," Gambadoro added. "But I think there are major concerns as to whether Jamison is going to be able to close this deal."
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i