Report: Jamison has secured partners, funds to purchase Coyotes
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, two sources with knowledge of the situation say that Jamison now has the investors and partners lined up to buy the team, and a deal could close very soon.
Our own John Gambadoro agrees that a positive resolution could be on the way.
Heard Jamison hard at work last two days securing final investors and that the sale will get done! Chances of Doan staying now much greater— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) August 9, 2012
The news would also be good for the team's hopes in re-signing free agent Shane Doan, who has presumably been holding off on picking a team until a deal is made for the Coyotes ownership. Doan also has offers on the table from Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.
Neither Jamison nor the NHL have given indication that a deal was close, but both sides have been known to keep tight-lipped during this entire process.
The former San Jose Sharks CEO has been close several times to finalizing a purchase of the Coyotes, but investors and partners have either backed out or delayed investments each time.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i