Shane Doan to decide between Coyotes and Canucks Friday
It is down two - Phoenix and Vancouver. Coyotes Captain Shane Doan will sign a contract deciding where he will play by 5 pm NY time Friday— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) September 14, 2012
Doan currently has a deal in place with the Coyotes, but it is contingent on potential owner Greg Jamison finalizing a lease agreement with the city of Glendale.
If the city can't renew the Coyotes' lease then it appears Vancouver will become Doan's new team.
But with a deal between Glendale and Jamison rumored to be signed by the end of the week, it looks like Doan will suit up for a 17th season with the Coyotes.
Doan has spent his entire career in the Coyotes organization dating back to its days as the original Winnipeg Jets. He is the last remaining player from the Jets team that relocated to Glendale in 1996 still on the roster.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes' GM - Wednesday May 29The GM discusses his contract extension and the futures of head coach Dave Tippett and goaltender Mi
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.