Edward Furlong charged with assault in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - `Terminator 2' star Edward Furlong has been charged with assault after a May 21 incident in which his girlfriend called police and reported he attacked her.
Deputy District Attorney Linda Loftfield says Furlong pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Tuesday.
Furlong already has two pending misdemeanor battery cases. He allegedly violated a restraining order when he returned to the victim's West Hollywood home. He's also accused of damaging a laptop and photo equipment.
In March, the 35-year-old actor was sentenced to six months in jail for violating his probation in a 2010 case for violating a similar restraining order.
Furlong has been the subject of such orders taken out by both his ex-wife and ex-girlfriend.
He is being held on $100,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for July 1.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.