Updated Jan 6, 2013 - 8:02 am
Report: Greg Jamison on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes
The NHL is current proposing a 48 or 50-game season in 2013, but fans in the Valley might have more reason to rejoice than most.
Reporter John Shannon of Sportsnet tweeted this out shortly after an agreement was announced between the NHL and NHLPA:
On heels of the tentative CBA deal, good news from Phoenix...the Jamison Group is on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL.— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) January 6, 2013
The news comes a little over a month after Glendale officials approved a new 20-year lease agreement with the Coyotes to stay in Jobing.com Arena.
Jamison formerly served as the CEO and president of the San Jose Sharks before forming a group to buy the Coyotes.
Phoenix has been run by the NHL since filing for bankruptcy in the fall of 2009.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!