Judge: Winslet's husband not a public figure
LONDON (AP) - A British judge says he blocked publication of party photos of Kate Winslet's husband because he is not a public figure.
Last week, High Court Judge Michael Briggs granted an injunction preventing Britain's The Sun newspaper from running photos of Ned Rocknroll taken at a costume party in 2010.
Lawyers for The Sun say the photos show him partly naked.
The judge outlined the reasons for his ruling on Thursday. He said Rocknroll, who legally changed his name from Edward Abel Smith, has "briefly become something of public figure" as a result of his relationship Winslet, an Academy Award-winning actress.
But Briggs says that when the photos were taken, Rocknoll was "a not-very-conspicuous middle manager" in the business empire of his uncle, Virgin tycoon Richard Branson.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.