Updated Jan 12, 2013 - 2:18 pm
Report: Coyotes to offer upcoming deals for loyal fans
"I think just a humble apology for everything and that we're going to do everything we can to earn back their appreciation of the sport," Doan said "There's no use in saying whose fault it is or who did what, we all owe them an apology."
It seems Doan's organization was listening.
The league is set to drop the puck officially on January 19, but the Phoenix Coyotes are planning something special for fans during their one-week training camp.
According to Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, the organization plans to allow fans an opportunity to watch the reigning Pacific Division champions in a free inter-squad game.
But that's not all.
Coyotes president and COO Mike Nealy told Sannucks that once the 48-game schedule is announced, the team will determine specific dates to offer fan appreciation deals.
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?