Harvard drama troupe honors Marion Cotillard
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard (koh-tee-YAR') has taken home the pudding pot after being honored as woman of the year by Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
Cotillard smiled, waved and caught a teddy bear from the crowd during a parade through Cambridge's Harvard Square on Thursday.
The procession was followed by a roast of the 37-year-old French actress at Hasty Pudding headquarters, during which Cotillard sang a song from "La Vie En Rose." Cotillard won a best actress Oscar for her portrayal of famed French singer Edith Piaf in that 2007 film.
Cotillard has appeared more recently in `'Inception" and `'The Dark Knight Rises."
Claire Danes was the woman of the year in 2012.
The awards are presented annually to performers who have made a lasting and impressive contribution to entertainment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.