Updated Jan 16, 2013 - 6:58 pm
Coyotes acquire Matthew Lombardi from Maple Leafs
The Phoenix Coyotes are bringing a familiar face back to the desert.
The Coyotes announced they have re-acquired forward Matthew Lombardi from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
According to TSN's Darren Dreger, the Leafs will get a conditional pick and will eat some salary.
Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi.A 3rd if he re-signs in Phx.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 17, 2013
Toronto eats Lombardi's $500,000 signing bonus, plus some additional salary.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 17, 2013
Coyotes' general manager Don Maloney said in a press release he is excited to bring Lombardi back into the fold.
"We are very pleased to bring a player like Matthew back to our team," said Maloney. "Matthew is a very strong skater who will add quickness and skill to our lineup. He is an intelligent center who will be a great addition to our team and provides us with added depth at the center position."
Lombardi last played for Phoenix in 2008-2010.
The 30-year-old scored eight goals and had 10 assists and 18 points in 62 games with Toronto last season. In 508 career games, he has 97 goals, 157 assists and 254 points with four NHL teams.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.