Father of 'Karate Kid' Macchio wants NY zip line
LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (AP) - The father of "Karate Kid" actor Ralph Macchio wants to build a 3,500-foot-long zip line ride from an Adirondack mountaintop to his tourist ranch in upstate New York.
The Adirondack Daily Enterprise ( http://bit.ly/SdQDed) reports that Wild West Ranch owner Ralph Macchio Sr. is proposing a $1.5 million project that includes a launch platform and tower in Lake George, N.Y., near the top of French Mountain, which Macchio owns. A swath of trees would have to be cleared along the route to carry riders down a vertical drop of 700 feet to his ranch.
Riders would be driven to the top on an existing road.
Some nearby landowners are concerned about visual and noise impacts. State and local agencies are reviewing the project.
Macchio is hoping the attraction could open this summer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.