'Yotes Notes: Phoenix Coyotes fall to defending Stanley Cup champions
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 4-2 loss to the Kings on January 26.
Despite the 4-2 loss, Mikkel Boedker continues to find his groove. He scored his first goal of the season on the power play at 3:57 of the second period. With the goal he now has a four-game point streak to start this season.
The Coyotes start the season with a 1-4-0 record. They've allowed 20 goals so far this season. They also gave the LA Kings their first win of the season. They were 0-2-1 coming into Saturday Night.
• Including Saturday, Radim Vrbata has recorded a point in 48 of 82 games since the start of the 2011-2012 season. Vrbata led the team with five goals and seven points against the Kings last year.
He Said It:
"It's frustrating the way things are going for us right now. It's a matter of execution," Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett said. "Simple plays that gotta get made. I like to think we don't beat ourselves much. Usually you earn the right to win."
The Coyotes are back in action on Monday when they host the Nashville Predators at Jobing.com Arena in a 7 o'clock start.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.