Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards
(AP) - Quotes from Saturday night's 20th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles:
"What I found was tapioca pudding. I would use the tiniest little antique spoon and I would eat it with that so it would last longer. I could make it last an hour."- Matthew McConaughey backstage on his weight-loss plan to play his winning role in "Dallas Buyers Club."
"I was just talking to June Squibb. She and my mother were in a play at the Cleveland Playhouse in 1957."- Dermot Mulroney, Screen Actors Guild nominee as a cast member of "August: Osage County."
"I found the voice by working with transgender people. They really showed me the way. They were my mentors and it was through experimentation, trial and error and a lot of education. It was the role of a lifetime, obviously."- Jared Leto backstage after winning supporting actor for his role as a transsexual named Rayon in "Dallas Buyers Club."
"I am so (expletive) thrilled. I hope the man with the button was there on time."- 82-year-old Rita Moreno upon accepting the SAG Awards lifetime achievement award.
"I've loved the opportunity to learn about the fashion world and appreciate it as an art form, but I never want it to take over my acting."- Supporting actress winner Lupita Nyong'o backstage about being a fashion icon during awards season.
"It's about persevering. We'll get there. The door is ajar. I'm saying we have to open that door some more. I don't think it will happen in my lifetime, I mean I'm 82."- Rita Moreno backstage on the struggle of Latinos to raise their profile in Hollywood.
"I had a lot of fun doing it, but I had to speak Arabic and it's not my first language."- Robert De Niro backstage after sharing in the motion picture cast award for his role in "American Hustle."
"I hope Australian customs will be kind to me."- Cate Blanchett backstage after winning leading actress honors on how she'll get her SAG and Golden Globe trophies home.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.